Looking to raise funds for your good cause or charity?
The background to this fund raising initiative is that homeowners are encouraged to keep their electricity and gas bills down by shopping around for the best deal, and then switching supplier.
To make the process of finding a cheaper energy supplier as easy as possible, there are a number of online services such as our own accredited price comparison and switching service. This lets homeowners to seek out the latest energy deals and switch supplier when they see one they like.
However, it's widely acknowledged that there has been a reluctance on the part of many people to engage with the idea of switching. So at a time when saving every penny is important, why not help homeowners to save money by introducing them to our switching service, whilst at the same time raising funds for your worthy cause or charity?
How do we raise funds?
Every time someone switches energy supplier with the Energy Saving Centre, and provided they complete your Donation Request Form, your organisation will receive a donation from us.
Once registered, we will produce a Donation Request Form specially for your organisation which will be published on this website. Then your supporters will have the opportunity to tell us to send you a donation when they switch supplier with us.
Will our supporters pay extra on their bills?
No. The Energy Saving Centre receives a small fee from the energy industry as a 'thank you' for providing their switching service. Your donation will then come out of this fee. This is means that your supporters will still get the great energy deal you were looking for, with no additional charges and the satisfaction of having helped your charity or worthy cause at the same time.
How much will my organisation receive?
Each organisation registered with the Energy Saving Centre will receive £5 for a change of gas supplier or £5 for a change of electricity supplier, or £10 if it's both!
What effort will we need to put in?
Once you are registered, all you need to do is make your supporters, friends, family, colleagues or whoever that this scheme exists. After that you need do nothing except wait for your payment to arrive from the Energy Saving Centre. However, the odd little bit of awareness raising with advertising and the like would prove worthwhile.
How do I register my organisation?
Please note that there is a one-off application fee of £25+VAT which covers the cost of adding your organisation's Domain Request Form to our website. After that there are no further running costs, unless of course you would like us to provide additional development work to promote this service in connection with your organisation's fund-raising activities.
Like to know more
Some more information...
1. To receive funds a supporter's Donation Request Form must be completed within 90 days of your supporter changing supplier.
2. We will only send the donation to your organisation once we have received the operating fee in connection with the change of supplier. There is normally a delay in the region of 45 to 60 days following a change of supplier before we receive the fee and this will obviously affect how soon we can send the donation, but don't worry it will happen.
3. If we do not receive our operating fee, for instance should your supporter decide not to go through with the change for whatever reason, or use any other means for changing supplier other than by changing online through our website, there will be no donation.
4. We take the management of everyone's personal details seriously and are registered with the Data Protection Act.
5. Each application to be registered must be accompanied by a non-refundable payment of £25+VAT.
6. The Energy Saving Centre will make the final decision as to whether an organisation's request to be registered is successful, and w
7. It may also choose to remove an organisation from this scheme should there be no supporter activity over a period of time.
8. We reserve the right to withdraw this scheme at any time. If this happens we will advise all listed organisations in advance and distribute all existing donations.
9. Our fee structure may change but we will give notice beforehand and explain our reasons for doing so
10. An organisation can withdraw from this scheme at any time. Just email us to let us know and we will remove your Donation Request Form and when the appropriate funds have been cleared, pay all outstanding donations.
11. Payment can be made either by check or BACS. We wold normally expect to pay monthly, although organisations which are less active may be looking at a quarterly payment cycle.