Raising money for a good cause
Would you like to save money by switching energy supplier and help a charity or good cause at the same time? If you use the Energy Saving Centre to switch your energy supplier, we can make a donation to an organisation of your choice.
Like to know more? Here are some FAQs that we have put together to show you how the scheme works....
How much is donated?
Each charity or good cause registered for this scheme will receive:
- £5 for a change of either gas supplier of electricity supplier (single fuel), or
- £10 if you change both gas and electricity suppliers (dual fuel)
Will I have to pay extra?
No! It will cost you nothing more. This donation is made from the small fee that the Energy Saving Centre receives for operating this service and which we're willing to pass for the benefit of others.
How do I choose a charity?
You can choose to send your donation to any organisation that is registered with the Energy Saving Centre. To do this, fill in and send us the appropriate Donation Request Form. These can be accessed by going to Switching Supplier at the top of the page and then moving your mouse over Donate to... and then you should which organisations are currently registered on the right-hand side.
Who do I need to do?
Simply fill in the appropriate Donation Request Form with the following two pieces of information:
- Your Surname
- Your Postcode
This is the minimum amount of information we need to identify your instruction in our administration system to switch supplier. We can then make sure the donation is scheduled for payment.
Like to know more
A little more detail...
1. Only complete the Donation Request Form after you have successfully applied to change supplier online through our switching service. But do remember to make your selection within 90 days of changing supplier, otherwise we cannot schedule the payment.
2. We would also like to confirm that you pay nothing extra to make this donation - the money comes out of our own pocket. However, if we do not receive our operating fee, for instance should you decide not to go through with the change for whatever reason, or use any other means for changing supplier other than by changing online through the Energy Saving Centre website, we will not be able to make a donation.
3. We recognise the importance of maintaining your privacy and will not forward your details to anyone, except in the highly unlikely event of having to do so by law.
4. The organisations that currently have Donation Request Forms published on this website are the only ones that we are able to send donations to. However, we are more than happy to receive enquiries from organisations who would like to be involved with this initiative, provided of course they meet our acceptance criteria and we have sufficient capacity available.