In the home
This section contains articles that relate to energy in the home; how we use it, think of it, manage it, and much more besides...
We know that many of you are looking for inspiration and ideas for energy saving that extend beyond the usual run-of-the-mill advice, however worthy they may be.
We really hope you can find that little something more by reading our articles, which currently cover the following subjects:
- Mobility Scooter Batteries - An overview of battery construction for the technically minded (Blue Box Batteries)
- How Do You Drive Your Home? - Just because you pay the bills doesn't mean you're the only driver!
- Don't Switch Off, Switch Over! - Too much trouble to switch supplier - think again!
- Winter Fuel Payments - Make sure you're getting the financial help to stay warm
- Smart Meters - How Smart Meters can help you manage your electricity usage (First Utility)
- Home Energy Saving - Helping you identify areas in the home where energy savings can be made (Wickes)
- Clean Ovens Save Energy - How a clean oven can help save on your energy bills (Apple Oven Clean)
- Are Smart Meters Smart? - A look at why smart meters may have limitations (Intelligent Energy Saving)
- Business Energy At Home - Working at home and thinking of taking a business energy contract?
- Get an Energy Survey - Looking to save energy but don't know where to start? You need a friend (Energy Friend)
- Learn how to package - Why inadequate packaging can cause disappointment, and hurt the environment
- Energy saving in the home - Tips and technologies that will help you save energy in the home (D&GI)
- Is your dishwasher essential? - Have a look to see whether you could save money by washing up by hand
- What is the Green Deal? - A look at the background to this new government intiative to help us save energy